Tuesday, May 11, 2010

The Final Blog of Magic and Wonder

1. As far as my mind is concerned, riddled with mystery though it may be, I feel I took two approaches with this blog. First, I exhibited a disciplined mind by focusing mainly on the saxophone's use in music and then giving the detail needed to inform the readers of the essentials of the instrument. In addition, I took many sources, such as The Devil's Horn and the saxophone buyer's website and synthesized the information to further the objective of the disciplined aspect. 


2. a) As a blogger, I moved around to many blogs to make my mark and comment on other people's fine work. Through this I engaged in intellectual discussions by stating my opinion and continuing to analyze others' blog content.

b) I also exhibited respect for other viewpoints in my comments on other people's blog by recognizing the validity of the person's opinion while still analyzing the information without trying to provoke strong feelings.

c) Finally, I read with awareness of self and others by including you, my best friend and blog buddy, in my posts. I'm sure you felt warm and fuzzy whenever I adressed you. 


3. What surprised me most about blogging wasn't the information I posted, but more so how I enjoyed sifting through it and deciding how best to deliver something I enjoy to the cyber world of AP Language students.

With that I leave you with two of the most intelligent quotes ever to be spoken about jazz, both by the same man, Mo Trout, jazz bassist and professor at Purdue University.


"I need to go outside and drink some kittens."
and

"Swing is maaaaaaagicaaaalllll!"

4 comments:

  1. I remember Mr. Trout. Everything he said made sense, in context.... Outside of that, it made for excellent t-shirt material.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, if you sat through his whole lecture, it was actually a pretty good analogy, but...when you just leave out the context...yeah...kittens are solid o.O

    ReplyDelete
  3. Probably the best jazz lecture I've heard

    ReplyDelete
  4. As a clarinetist I'd like to hear that lecture too.

    [closet saxaphonist wanna be...]
    Mrs. S

    ReplyDelete